Tuesday 22 November 2011

A couple of weeks with Gan Craft crew Japan

I have been fortunate enough to spend the last couple of weeks with the great guys from Gan Craft in Japan, it was an absolute honor to conduct some egi talk nights along side the founder and creator of Gan Craft Mr Takanori Hiraiwa, something that I will remember for a long time, although the time went fast as it was a very busy period I had a blast and these guys are great fun to hang with, not only did I learn a thing or 2 about a thing or 2 when it comes to egi but I also learned a bit more Japanese in particular variants in dialects, I learned how to write Japanese calligraphy (kind of) and I learned that Mandurah is not just around the corner from Perth. Long drive for those who have not been to WA before. Met heaps of tackle store people and all in all was a great time. Sadly 2 of our guests had to spend their birthdays away from family and friends so we did what we could to make it feel a bit like home.

I hope they enjoyed their stay and I also hope we can see them back here for the 2011 Yamashita Squid Series 2011 Grand Final in Feb.

Pictures will say more than words so here are a few pics from the last couple of weeks.























And finally for the guys from Japan "Yanacoi mate!" and thanks for a cracking couple of weeks hanging in Australia.

1 comment: