Tuesday 1 November 2011

Williamstown Sportfishing and Game Club Talk

For the first time ever I last week ventured down to the Altona boat ramp, although tame I can see where it would get crazy from time to time, this is the location of the  Williamstown Sportfishing and Game Club who share the Hobsons Bay Angling Club rooms. This area is known to many as the Snapper capitol of Victoria and is also know for its many accessible location to big squid a little further south. Have been to plenty of clubs in the last 6 months doing squid talks and have heard heaps  about the stereotypical angling club stale environment, can I say I have yet to see it and this club is no exception to the rule. People from all walks of life and age in a setting overlooking the bay at Altona made for a very comfortable setting both for me and the members of the club, although not too comfortable as no one fell asleep during the talk so something must have been right. Had great feeback from members at the club and again it was great to get pounded with questions from all members at the club, it means that people are genuinely interested in what we are doing and heps of people taking their gear out to chase squid waving rods around like harry potter casting spells. I never tire of these talks I meet some brilliant people and have the chance to inspire others to go out and try some of what we talk about. Big thanks to Williamstown Sportfishing and Game Club for the invite I look forward to visiting the club at another time in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment