Bag weights of 3 squid weighed live and released
- Little Hooker - Quinn Scott & Adam Crocombe: 3 squid 3675g
- Team Shimano / Bar Crusher - Brendan Wing & Finn Wing: 3 Squid 3575g
- Team Peninsula Total Tackle - Dan Lee & Marcus "BAZ" Gorman: 3 Squid3125g
- Team Fishing Fever - Lee Rayner & Morne Muller: 3 Squid 2245g
- Team Mrfisho/Pelagic Extreme - Michael Mizzi & Matthew Pilley: 3 Squid 2175g
- Team Victorian Salt Water Fishing - Dale McClelland & Paul Barton: 3 Squid1670g
- Team Gladiator/Gan Craft - Andrew Wilson & Leigh Hallet: 1350g
- Team Yamashita - Dominic Costanzo & Glen McDonnell : DNF -750g
Was a great start to the morning with all Teams present and accounted for, this first round had a brilliant field of anglers and for new comers would have been a brilliant look at how the events are run and also as a measuring stick against some of the best egi anglers in Victoria, Team Yamashita led the field out of the Hastings Channel at 0700 sharp with all other teams following with a 10 second delay. Similar tactics and locations were shared by most anglers as the chase for fish in dark and dirty water north of Stoney Point and a little clearer down Flinders way. Team Vicsalt was the first team in to weigh a full bag of healthy squid. We were fortunate to have some very helpful anglers who displayed some real acts of sportsmanship as Team Yamashita was unable to return to the weigh in area after motor problems Team Vic Salt was able to assist in towing team Yamashita back to Hastings from Tankerton, a real feat in North head winds so a very big thank you to Team Vicsalt and also team Mrfisho who also offered to render assistance during competition hours. as teams arrived to weigh the position of first changed 3 times before the boys from little hooker finished the day off in first with a close follow into second with Team Shimano/Barcrusher with young 5 year old Finn claiming the heaviest squid in the bag for his team. Great to see a bit of interest from the local fisho's who had never seen an event like this before and the attraction of the 2 1000 litre tanks was a fair spectacle for the few who came past.
Steve Mills from EJ Todd for helping with the set up and putting up some great Yamashita Displays with all the new Egi O Q Live deep and shallow range.
Lee Rayner and Morne Muller for couriering around some deliveries for us.
Wayne Freibe for some great last minute ecogear prize packs.
Lowrance for coming on board for the team of the year prize of 2 HDS units
Kim, Dan and Pete for helping out on the day and in the time leading up to the events.
Look out day 2 here we come.