Saturday 20 October 2012

Quick after work session

Boat has been dry for a few weeks after doing some routine and some not so routine work to the boat so when some nice weather came along I hitched the boat up before work with the anticipation of a short day at the office.

Hastings Channel
I finished work at around 1400 and was at the boat ramp in Hastings by about 1445 and floating by 1500, with the changes to the available light we now have with daylight savings I knew I had plenty of time, normally I make the trip straight to the south of the port but today I decided to go east and fish some water I had not fished for a while. The wind was variable at about 10 knots and I was fishing in a cove type of area, this made it hard to get a good consistent drift working as the tide movement was all over the place as was the wind.

I stuck with it for about 20 minutes before my first squid came into the boat. I had decided that today I was going to fish only with my new Australian colors, the first one cam on the Kuma Killer, it was the first one I had tied on. I kept the drift going for a while landing a few along the way.

Gan Craft Egi-Jya Kuma Killer
Things went a bit quiet so I decided to make the move back up to the trusty Tyabb Bank, things were very similar to where I was fishing before. I landed a couple more before moving a little further north to the Quail Bank I did manage a 5 way hook up while I was here by swapping rods and casting behind the jigs that had squid on them but when you do this you also risk a big clean up at the end of the day, my boat was covered in ink by the end of it.

Not sure why but the water seems to be some what murky considering the weather we were experiencing but the big tides were not helping. I fished for about an hour longer before calling it a day, I managed a good bag of squid, I took some photo's of some of the better ones. I would normally snap a heap more pics off but when you are fishing on your own and drifting you dont want to spend too much time drifting around without paying attention. I was going to head out again today but the dreaded man flu has taken a hold so I will stick to sitting in front of the computer updating my blog LOL
Stella, Certate Hyper Custom ad Luvius Custom
too many squid means too much mess

No comments:

Post a Comment