Saturday 6 July 2013

Melbourne International Boat Show 2013

First a big apology for such a long time between blogs, time has become very hard to find of late.

I was fortunate enough to be able to spend the entire 4 days of the Melbourne Boat Show at the show itself from start to finish, although my legs and feet did not share the same appreciation it was great to be able to spend some time with manufacturers and more so with the general public who were kind enough to sit and listen to my rants on squid fishing.

This year I also worked on the Navico stand that was showcasing some of it newest toys from Lowrance and Simrad and these things have come a long way since the old paper models from years ago. I think I have found a new love for the new Lowrance HDS12 Touch and have measured my dash board up on my center console to make sure it will fit - it does LOL expect to see a giant sounder GPS on my boat soon.

I managed to get up on the stage each day to share some of what I do with squid fishing and also show some of the exciting new colors about to e released by Gan Craft in Australia, the stage was much better run this year with more speakers and less dead time, this was obvious by the sheer numbers of people who sat down to listen to the presentations, at one stage I had about 300 people sitting down and fielded an unprecedented amount of questions which is great for fishing and industry to see that there are still so many people keen to listen and learn new things.

Working with Navico I was spoiled rotten with food after the show each night, let me start by saying I am not bad on the chew and can smash down food pretty well when hungry, however, on each night I was so full I struggled to get my legs to work under the weight of my meal. Massive thanks to Navico and also to Trailerboat Magazine for hosting the
stage, was a great show for me




No comments:

Post a Comment