Friday 7 February 2014

Osaka Tackle Show 2014 - Arrival

Its always a very exciting time of the year when I make my annual pilgrimage to Japan for the Osaka Fishing Show and this year is no different.


Kansai Airport
Like a kid the day before Christmas I was sitting up watching the clock tick waiting for the alarm to sound, it was 0300 in the morning when I got in the shower and got my awesome wife to drive me to the Melbourne Airport. Flight due for 0600 it was going to be a very long day with our plane due to land in Osaka at 1930.

Flights went well from Melbourne to Cairns and then through to Kansai. As most in Australia would know we have been having a very hot spell in Melbourne of late and knowing that I was to fly into Cairns I opted for the shorts, tshirt and crocs for the trip. Now I knew it was winter in Japan but I was not aware that today was the coldest day of the year so far.
Cosmo Square Hotel room

Mr Kitagawa met us at the airport in Kansai and was kind enough to drive us to the hotel, this year we are staying in the Cosmopolitan Square with a view over the Intex trade centre with a very comfy room. Something that I find cool in Japan is no more getting dressed, getting in the lift and walking outside for a smoke, I am allowed to spark one up in the room.

Any way it must be time for bed - big day tomorrow drooling over the toys on display at the tackle show.
old school 

View from hotel room

No comments:

Post a Comment